Sydney’s Darling Harbour is a buzzing precinct that draws visitors and locals alike. With shops, parks, animal attractions, museums, and a range of quality restaurants in Darling Harbour, there’s plenty to keep you entertained throughout the day and night. Here is our pick of what to see and do at Darling Harbour.
- Sea Life Sydney Aquarium – Sea Life Sydney Aquarium is one of the city’s biggest and brightest attractions. You can walk through large glass tunnels as sharks swim lazily by (and overhead!) and marvel at the vast array of rays and tropical fish.
- Wild Life Sydney Zoo – Tucked into a corner of Darling Harbour, this zoo is deceptively big. The space is divided into natural Australian habitats, such as the tropics, desert and rainforest. Here you can meet and greet koalas, and see wallabies, kangaroos, wombats, lizards, snakes and Rex, the resident crocodile.
- Madame Tussauds – Like its international counterparts, this iconic attraction is home to a range of lifelike wax statues, with local favourites such as Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman among the famous faces.
- Chinese Garden of Friendship – The perfect place to truly relax, the Chinese Garden consists of a series of meandering paths and arched bridges crossing serene ponds filled with golden fish. You can rest in a number of small pavilions by the water’s edge, or enjoy a tea in the traditional Chinese teahouse.
- Harbourside – Harbourside is a multi-level shopping centre where you can find great bargains amongst designer clothing, shoes, arts, crafts and homewares.
- Australian National Maritime Museum – One of our favourite museums, this is a great option for families or anyone with an interest in history. There are plenty of large exhibition spaces to explore, then step outside to discover a variety of moored vessels including vintage yachts, a submarine, a warship, and beautifully restored tall ships from the 18th
- Darling Harbour dining – With a range of bars and restaurants overlooking the water, Darling Harbour is the ideal place to enjoy an evening meal or drink. And with plenty to keep you active throughout the day, you’ll need to take some time out for lunch as well. Georges Mediterranean Bar & Grill is the perfect spot for a leisurely meal. Located at King St Wharf on the city side of Darling Harbour, Georges offers an affordable menu of delicious and authentic Greek treats, and a relaxed waterside location.
With so much on offer, Darling Harbour is the perfect place to visit, whether you want to relax over a meal, marvel at some wildlife, shop, or simply wander round soaking up the atmosphere.